Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm back...and ebooks are cool!

Well, I'm back...vacation ended early and to be honest I was getting bored. So I did what everyone with an internet connection and portable computing device should be doing these days - installed Kindle for the CP on my netbook. Welcome back to the world of reading, Jonny boy; in the last few days I've spent about fifty bucks on ebooks, my waking hours filled with the devouring of pretty much everything I've always meant to read but never got around to. So far I;m about three books into the Dresden files, read the Art of War and the Tarnsman of Gor (for the record, I don't see what the big deal is. Google GOREAN and you turn up a plethora of S&M websites, which really isn't my brand of kink...as far as the book goes it seems much like any other sword and sorcery that came out during the 60's. Although later on in the series it's supposed to be...er, different. Guess I'll have to wait and see.)

Now I;m re-reading Neal Stephensons Baroque Cycle, about a quarter of the way through Quicksilver. My eyeballs feel like they're gonna drop out of my skull, but it's worth it.. There of NOTHING like a nonstop infusion of the written word to stimulate the creative portion of the brain (or to make one more articulate in his writing....)

No comments:

Post a Comment